If you’re lucky enough to have a spa pool, we know where you’ll be spending most of your down time this winter. Hot, bubbly water on a cold night in your own backyard – is there anything better than that?
Actually yes, there is! Your perception of winter will never be the same once you realise the heavenly combination of spa pools and pergolas.
Spa pools in winter
The cold and dark of winter sends a lot of us inside to hunker down, leaving the backyard a little lonely and underused. But it doesn’t have to be this way. A spa pool is one of the best ways to continue using your outdoor space. Here’s some of the many benefits of having a spa pool in winter:
• It’ll warm you up and help you unwind.
• It lets you continue to get fresh air and enjoy the outdoors.
• It offers endless hours of family fun, which can be hard to come by when stuck indoors over winter.
• It will relieve stress, relax your muscles and contribute to a good night’s sleep.
Pergolas and spa pools are a match made in heaven
Spa pools in and of themselves are awesome, but there is a way to make them even better: pergolas. Here’s why putting your spa pool under a pergola makes all the difference:
• By sheltering your spa pool, you can still enjoy it when it’s raining or blowing a gale.
• You can make use of the pergola’s lighting, letting you read a book in the spa and find your way in and out safely.
• By having the pool conveniently located under your aluminium pergola, you’re not wandering over wood chips, grass or gardens in the dark trying to get to it.
• Installing a pergola over your spa pools offers beautiful aesthetics and an integrated, landscaped look for your yard.
• While getting into the warm spa pool is heavenly, getting out into the cold air is another matter. By having your spa pool under your pergola, you’re close to the house and can easily hang the towels somewhere convenient and close.
• With their mood lighting, potted plants and nearby seating, pergolas offer excellent ambiance for your evening spa pool session.
• Chances are, you’ll want to use your spa pool in the warmer months, too. The shade of the pergola makes this possible.
• Get the placement right and you might even be able to watch tv inside from your spa pool under the pergola!
Talk to Undercover Industries, Tauranga pergola specialists, today and we’ll help you reframe winter by pairing your spa pool with a pergola.